Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MARGARET'S STORY

Who is your personal Titus 2 hero, and how has she taught and modeled the 7 virtues for you? (Consider writing a note to this person.)

Who is a "younger" woman in your life, and how can you encourage her to pursue the Titus 2 virtues?

Who is a godly "older" woman you know and respect, and how can you benefit from her wisdom?

3 comments:

Karisa said...

I don't know a lot of Titus 2 heroes. I suppose I have several heroes that do rather well on one or a few of the virtues, but no one who really embodies all of them. Except Wanda, I suppose. I rarely see her any more, but I spend a summer at her house before I was old enough to stay home alone. She rose early and cared for her husband and children. She worked vigorously in her home. She blessed others with time and food. As far as I saw, she never gossiped or did anything unkind. Never complained. She definitely set a Titus 2 example for her kids and for anyone she cared for (they had foster kids from time to time). And I think Karen would also be a very good example of Titus 2, as well. She's another one I have pretty much no contact with, but she did set a beautiful example of biblical womanhood. Sad that I don't currently have anyone that I'm in relationship with who can rub off all these good traits on me! ;)

I can't think of a younger woman who's in my life that I could encourage to pursue these virtues, but I know a lot of women my age and in my stage of life who are unaware of our calling as Christian women and of the contentment there is to be found in fulfilling it. Because of the impact I've seen already in my life, I'm highly motivated to share this good news and to encourage others in this pursuit.

I'm thinking....

Maria said...

I have a couple of aunts that have modeled Titus 2. I did write a note(email) to one of them. I don't have a true "younger" woman in my life. I'm prayerfully considering starting a Sunday school class on Titus 2. It has been challenging to think of someone with all the Titus 2 qualities. Kirsten did mention to find someone with strength in my weakness. This is especially challenging if I'm not in their home to examine their life. I also would prefer someone that doesn't know my husband or our families very well- just a personal preference. I have someone in mind, I just need to make that cold call.

Karisa said...

I'm glad you at least have someone in mind! I'll pray for you...for courage to make the call and wisdom in knowing what to say...and for her, that she'll be receptive and open and helpful.