Knowing that I'm saved only by grace reminds me that parenting isn't about my performance or about my ability to "make" my children good. When looking through the lens of the grace of Christ, I can see my failures as a gift that directs me back to glorifying Christ for the saving work He has done and the sanctifying work He is continuing to do.
2 comments:
It should help us to be thankful for God's grace and sovereignty. When we fail, our children will see that we too are sinners and need Jesus.
Knowing that I'm saved only by grace reminds me that parenting isn't about my performance or about my ability to "make" my children good. When looking through the lens of the grace of Christ, I can see my failures as a gift that directs me back to glorifying Christ for the saving work He has done and the sanctifying work He is continuing to do.
Post a Comment