A "role" is the function we perform in a given situation. It is a prescribed pattern of behavior or functioning within a specific line of duty or service. This week we'll be focusing on the roles of man and woman within the marriage relationship as prescribed by God in the Bible. There are a variety of Scriptures that will be helpful in this quest. As you read each passage, be looking for the roles described...
[Fair warning: this is going to be a long one...and it's going to seem repetitive because we're looking over some Scripture that we studied previously, but we're studying it for a different reason this time...and there ARE some new Scriptures sprinkled in here, too.]
Genesis 1:24-31
And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
God saw all that He had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
As always, when you catch something I missed, PLEASE mention it in the "comments" so we can all benefit from your observation.
Genesis 2
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing: so on the seventh day He rested from all His work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done.
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens--and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground--the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there He put the man He had formed. And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. the name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man.
The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man."
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
1 Corinthians 11:3-12
Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head--it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
Genesis 3:16-20
To the woman He said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
To Adam He said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
1 Timothy 5:8
If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
2 Thessalonians 3:6-15
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.
I'm a little fuzzy on this one....
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
* Be always working hard, never idle
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
* Be always working hard, never idle
Ephesians 5:15-33
Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, His body, of which He is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to Himself as a radiant church without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church--for we are members of His body. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Head of the wife
* Love wives as Christ loved the church...sacrificially, as their own bodies
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Submit to husbands as to the Lord and as the church submits to Christ...IN EVERYTHING
* Respect husband
Didn't think this could get any LONGER? Guess again! Let's throw some Greek in just to make it interesting. :) The bolded words are the words taken from the verse we just studied (actually, the words were taken from the NASB version; we've been reading the NIV)...then comes the word as it was in Greek (a more specific meaning). As you look over these definitions, think about how they relate to marriage.
Be subject, submit
Hupotasso…to rank under, to obey
Respect, reverence
Phobeo…to fear
Love
Agapao…the active love that the Father had for the Son
Nourish
Ektrepho…the care of one’s own flesh
Cherish
Thalpo…to soften by heat, to keep warm
Okay. Thanks for being a good sport. Moving right along...
Titus 2:3-5
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Head of the wife
* Love wives as Christ loved the church...sacrificially, as their own bodies
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Submit to husbands as to the Lord and as the church submits to Christ...IN EVERYTHING
* Respect husband
* Older women: live reverently, train younger women, not slandering or drinking excessively
Younger women: learn from the older women
* Love husbands and children, be self-controlled and pure, be busy at home, be kind, be subject to husbands
Guess what...MORE GREEK! I know you're as excited as I am... :)
Love
Phileo…representing tender affection
Sensible, discreet
Sophron…of sound mind, self-controlled
Workers at home, keepers at home
Oikouros…to look after domestic affairs with prudence and care
Hang in there...we're almost done...
1 Timothy 5:14
So I counsel younger widows to marry, to have children, to manage their homes and to give the enemy no opportunity for slander.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Head of the wife
* Love wives as Christ loved the church...sacrificially, as their own bodies
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Submit to husbands as to the Lord and as the church submits to Christ...IN EVERYTHING
* Respect husband
* Older women: live reverently, train younger women, not slandering or drinking excessively
Younger women: learn from the older women
* Love husbands and children, be self-controlled and pure, be busy at home, be kind, be subject to husbands
* Marry, have children, manage homes, give the enemy no opportunity for slander
And the Greek...
Keep house, guide the house
Oikodespoteo…rule of the household
1 Timothy 2:9-15
I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing--if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Head of the wife
* Love wives as Christ loved the church...sacrificially, as their own bodies
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Submit to husbands as to the Lord and as the church submits to Christ...IN EVERYTHING
* Respect husband
* Older women: live reverently, train younger women, not slandering or drinking excessively
Younger women: learn from the older women
* Love husbands and children, be self-controlled and pure, be busy at home, be kind, be subject to husbands
* Marry, have children, manage homes, give the enemy no opportunity for slander
* Dress modestly, with decency and propriety...adorned not with braids, gold, or pearls but with good deeds
* Learn in quietness in full submission
* Not having authority over a man
1 Peter 3:1-7
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themelves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
Man's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Work the Garden and take care of it
* Leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife
* Be the head of woman
* Be under the headship of Christ
* Rule over wife
* Work the ground for food
* Provide for his relatives, but especially for his immediate family
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Head of the wife
* Love wives as Christ loved the church...sacrificially, as their own bodies
* Be considerate
* Treat wives with respect as weaker partners
Woman's Role
* Rule over creation
* Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, subdue it
* Be man's helper
* Be under the headship of man, be under his authority
* Give birth to children (painfully)
* Desire her husband
* Be always working hard, never idle
* Live carefully, with wisdom
* Make the most of every opportunity; use time wisely
* Be filled with the Spirit..in our interactions with others and with God
* Submit to others in the body of Christ
* Submit to husbands as to the Lord and as the church submits to Christ...IN EVERYTHING
* Respect husband
* Older women: live reverently, train younger women, not slandering or drinking excessively
Younger women: learn from the older women
* Love husbands and children, be self-controlled and pure, be busy at home, be kind, be subject to husbands
* Marry, have children, manage homes, give the enemy no opportunity for slander
* Dress modestly, with decency and propriety...adorned not with braids, gold, or pearls but with good deeds
* Learn in quietness in full submission
* Not having authority over a man
* Be submissive to husbands
* Pure and reverent lives
* Having beauty that is not from outward appearance but from a gentle and quiet spirit
* Obey husbands, do what's right, and don't give way to fear
If you're curious about the first part of that passage ("...in the same way..."), look back to 1 Peter 2:21-25...
To this you were called, because Chirst suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps.
"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth."
When they hurled their insults at Him, He did not retaliate; when He suffered, He made no threats. Instead, He entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly. He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
SUMMING IT UP: Look back to the final list of "Woman's Role".
APPLY: Take some time to ponder what areas you need to work on in order to be properly fulfilling your role.
SHARE: In the "comments", share one thing you're planning to change and how you plan to accomplish that.
8 comments:
Test, test, 1 2 3...is this thing on? ;) Looks like I've lost you all completely...
Now I've looked over the list SEVERAL times, and I've chosen 4 big ones that I'm sure I need to work on: (1)be filled with the Spirit, (2)respect my husband, (3)be self-controlled, and (4)have a beauty that comes from within. I think I've already BEGUN to grow in these areas a bit, but I do feel the need to throw more conscious effort behind that growth. Honestly, I think the biggest thing for me right now is the self-control. If I was self-controlled, I wouldn't gossip (which strips me of any inner beauty I MIGHT have had) and I woudln't take a tone with my husband (which is clearly disrepectful). So that's where I'd really appreciate your prayers and accountability. And I commit to EXERCISING the self-control which is mine because of Christ. :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Well, I can safely say that I need work in most areas listed. But the one that caught me straight in the heart is the quiet submission. I am not a quiet person! But I really need to work on respecting James and not "arguing" everything or taking control of things so much. So for me quiet submission and also self-control. I would also like to focus on inner beauty cuz I'm always trying to work on my outside.....the inside is way messier!
Thanks for everyone's prayers. This is awesome....yet it stings my soul!
Okay, I haven't read the lasted entry but I want to comment on Prov 31 Woman first. Yeah, it has been a burden. I immediately think it relates to dinner on the table and my house spotless. To say the least, I fail miserably compared to my standards. I keep sharing with my husband my failure at being his "helper" Thankfully he reminds me we help each other and he doesn't have the same standards I do. I didn't realize what a burden Prov 31 was until I was away from the home. The book I am reading through says that Prov 31 is in stages; the early years of marriage (v 13-17), the mid-life years (v 18-22) and the later years of marriage (v 23-27) I'm not sure I get that same understanding, but you can check it out for yourself. I realized I need to change my household standards. My taking care of my kids is taking care of the home and being a helper. So as I try to look follow Prov 31 Woman's accomplishments, I need to remember mine accomplishments might just look a little different. Sorry this is so late. Maria
I will comment on our roles when I have more time. I had quit a bit of errors in my last message..I'm sorry. I wanted to share a conversation Matthew and I had a while ago. As I was sharing my frustration with not being very good at being his helper rather he ends up helping me and at the end of the day not accomplishing all that I had intended. So either he helps me or I stay up later than I should. He said that maybe I need to re-evaluate my time management during the day. Yikes, but true. A quick comment on the roles...Sarah called Abraham her master? I don't love that. My flesh wants to reject that example. Maria
I can identify with all of what you're saying. Matt often helps me, and I'm having trouble making that jive with what we're learning...but let's not stress about it. (I think.) If hubby is happy and home and children are cared for, maybe we should just be content? Time management is big for me. I dawdle around and push off the things that I hate to do. Shame, shame, shame. And I can understand that whole "calling him master" thing. BUT I think that when our husbands are fulfilling their role properly, everything looks a little different. When we know our husbands are following Christ's leading, respecting them and submitting to them fully becomes MUCH easier. And even if they aren't perfectly fulfilling their role, it should bring us joy to be their servants simply because we're obeying Christ. Don't worry about typing errors. I promise not to get out my red pen. ;) It was very readable, and we all understood it. Don't feel like you have to craft a masterpiece in order to share.
Apparently I don't hold back sharing, this is my 3rd comment on this post. Okay after pondering and reviewing our roles I feel like I need to work on desiring my husband. Or maybe I need to clarify that...desire him in a sexual way (sex)? or desiring him as my husband? I do desire him in his presence and as my hubby, but sex is no where near my radar..he knows this by the way. I do feel that it is sex in general that I don't desire versus desiring my husband in a physical context. Moving on..Being filled with the Spirit is a constant battle for myself and I need to put forth a better effort. Lastly, self-control. This is in regards to my anger with my little ones, shopping, and especially with my tongue, e.g. gossiping and quick to speak, slow to listen. To the others involved, I will pray with you as we learn and grow together.
Well, I don't know if I can shed as much light on that as I'd hoped. :( Two of my three commentaries don't comment (how ironic is that?). The one that did comment says that the desire is sexual. So there's that. Matthew Henry's commentary had this to say about the whole subjection thing: "Wives, be in subjection to your own husbands;...but the entrance of sin has made that duty a punishment, which otherwise it would not have been. If Eve had not eaten forbidden fruit herself, and tempted her husband to eat it, she would never have complained of her subjection; therefore it ought never to be complained of, though harsh; but sin must be complained of, that made it so. Those wives who not only despise and disobey their husbands, but domineer over them, do not consider that they not only violate a divine law, but thwart a divine sentence." I found that interesting, because I'd never considered it that way before.
My husband is very well aware that I am without a sex drive. It would be oh-so-convenient for both of us if I did. A couple friends and I did a little research in this area a few months back because we were all in a position where sex was SO not on our agenda...but we knew it needed to be because God says so. One thing I read in Sheet Music (Kevin Leman) was that sex begets sex. The more you do it, the more you'll want to do it. One of my friends wholeheartedly agrees, and I haven't heard back from the other one. I can say that while doing it more hasn't given me a sex drive per se, doing it more makes me more willing (oddly enough). It seems like less of a big fat hairy deal. I'd say give it a try. And give it some time. And definitely PRAY about it.
Oh--and I'm a liar, Maria. I won't be posting a study tonight because various snaffoos that arose. Tomorrow night. God willing (of course).
Post a Comment