Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#3--How does Jesus' interaction with and pursuit of sinners inform the way you view social situations with unbelievers? When would you need to disallow association with an unbeliever?

2 comments:

npitch said...

Per Christ's example, we should be pursuing relationships with unbelievers. We should want to be sharing the good news, advancing God's kingdom, and this is best accomplished through relationships. However, it is somethings that I haven't done well--not because I try to avoid unbelievers, but because I don't get out much. We should probably only avoid people who are hostile to the gospel and are having a strong enough negative influence over us that we are not able to resist.

Karisa said...

I agree with you. We have been convicted in this area. Most of our family and friends in the area attend church with us. The only unbelievers in our lives are our neighbors and Matt's coworkers. I think we're becoming more intentional about building those relationships...it's just hard since it often feels like we have nothing in common. It takes more effort than church relationships. However, the example of Christ is unmistakable and calls us forward into obedience.