Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#7--Summarize in 3 or 4 sentences what you have learned in this chapter.

1 comment:

Karisa said...

I'll choose 2 quotes that are revolutionary to my original thinking and that support the rest of the ideas in the chapter:

"We refuse to give you more law to impose on your children, because the law doesn't breed obedience and love. It produces only pride and despair--for you and them--and it won't ever produce the joy that is to be our strength."

"Even if you don't remember to ask them, even if you make a decision without thinking about the gospel, the Lord is faithful to use everything in your life for your good and His glory."

I feel the first quote should be the colander through which my parenting passes, and the second quote needs to be my constant thought as I evaluate my parenting. Did I do well? Thanks be to God. Did I do poorly? Thanks be to God that He is bigger than my failures.