#2--Have you hesitated to pray because you have believed that your standing before God has something to do with your good works, especially concerning how well you are doing as a parent?
Yes. But I don't think it's because I'm always seeing Him as a disapproving father...sometimes it's more about me and my own pride. I'm ashamed of myself, so I don't want to approach Him until I feel better about myself. (So stupid and wrong when I see it spelled out!)
Good point. I think I could say the same. Often prayer just doesn't even occur to me, because I'm just trying to figure it out and handle it on my own.
3 comments:
Yes. But I don't think it's because I'm always seeing Him as a disapproving father...sometimes it's more about me and my own pride. I'm ashamed of myself, so I don't want to approach Him until I feel better about myself. (So stupid and wrong when I see it spelled out!)
I don't think guilt keeps me from prayer much--I think self-reliance and laziness have been the main problems.
Good point. I think I could say the same. Often prayer just doesn't even occur to me, because I'm just trying to figure it out and handle it on my own.
Post a Comment