Monday, December 19, 2011

#6--Is it difficult or frightening for you to pray that God would glorify himself in your life however he sees fit? Why?

2 comments:

npitch said...

It is frightening when I am thinking in human terms, because we naturally like comfort and ease, not pain and hardship. But when the Spirit helps me to understand God's point of view, I can be at peace and trust in him.

Karisa said...

Terrifying. I don't want to imagine that God would not save me or my children (or anyone I love). I know I need to desire His will and glory above my personal preference and comfort...where salvation is considered, that is HARD. And even if there was a guarantee that He would save them eventually down the road, I don't think any of us want to sign up for the pain of watching them hurt themselves, others, and ourselves. I do appreciate the knowledge He has given us that He works all things for His glory. So even the things that happen that I naturally hate can make sense in Him. Only in remembering His perfection and holiness can I be at peace with what happens in this world.