This chapter was helpful in correcting the idea that I cannot be at peace until my children are perfect little angels. I don't need to beat myself up (or my husband) or my children when they are sinning and showing weakness, but I need to trust and rest in God's sovereignty and grace.
I am not perfect. My children are not perfect. Even this glorifies God.
That being said, I'm having trouble understanding/grasping/embodying the whole "hate sin" yet "boast in weakness and see it as a gift". I think it's a tricky balance. But as in all things, it will take time and growth and study for it to make any sort of sense. (Much like the sovereignty of God and human responsibility concept...that eventually struck a balance in me...so this probably will, too.)
2 comments:
This chapter was helpful in correcting the idea that I cannot be at peace until my children are perfect little angels. I don't need to beat myself up (or my husband) or my children when they are sinning and showing weakness, but I need to trust and rest in God's sovereignty and grace.
I am not perfect. My children are not perfect. Even this glorifies God.
That being said, I'm having trouble understanding/grasping/embodying the whole "hate sin" yet "boast in weakness and see it as a gift". I think it's a tricky balance. But as in all things, it will take time and growth and study for it to make any sort of sense. (Much like the sovereignty of God and human responsibility concept...that eventually struck a balance in me...so this probably will, too.)
Post a Comment