Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do you remember the inspiring story of Cindy (pages 22-23)?

What biblical conviction(s) did she cultivate to experience such joy?

4 comments:

Karisa said...

That the seasons of life are ALL ordered by God. Which led her to embrace her season rather than throw herself a pity party. Right?

Unknown said...

I agree with Karisa, and I'd add that she's learned 'to be content no matter the circumstances.' I hope I'll be able to do that in my life when I have to sacrifice a dream...

Kirsten said...

I think her attitude was much like that of Job - "the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." My fear is that when those trials come, rather than praising God, like Job, I will be more like his wife and say, "curse God and die." It's all about the attitude and really learning that God is in control and will never give us more than He knows we can handle through His grace and strength.

Maria said...

What an amazing women!! It is one thing to acknowledge God in a particular season, but a lifetime! And to more than acknowledge, to be joyful! What will it take for me to be so willing to follow Him that I'd be willing to let go and be willing for any circumstance to change for that life of obedience?