Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chapter One

Maria found these suggested discussion questions for our book on the Girltalk blog. Just to give credit where credit is due! ;) We'll do this much the same as last study. Each group of questions will be posted separately so the comments don't get terribly huge. So keep answering and scrolling down and commenting until you get back down to the introductions. If you have any questions, do e-mail me. If you're trying to answer and forget the question, look to the left of the comment box and click on "Show original post"; you won't lose your work, but the question you're answering will magically appear.

FUN QUESTION
What is your favorite store to shop at, and why?
What is the best bargain you've ever found?

11 comments:

Savannah Rose said...

I don't really have a favorite place to shop at, I just go where I think the product I want is. I do really do a lot of shopping for fun. I also don't really look for bargains, I grab what I want so I wouldn't really know my best bargain ever.

Karisa said...

For clothing, I especially like to shop at Maurice's because their pants actually fit my shape properly. Most of my shopping is done at Target and Wal-Mart, however. ;) My best bargains have probably all been gotten at Outlets at Albertville...lots of good deals on baby clothes and mommy clothes and maternity clothes and shoes and dishes... Recently I scored some awesome baby deals at Target: shirts for $1.98 and pants for $3!

Melonie said...

I think my favorite store to shop at is - don't laugh - Kmart, and here's why:

First of all, our Kmart here in Ft. Walton Beach is neat and clean (unlike the Minot one...if it still exists). The Ft. Walton Beach Kmart also gives a 10% military discount! Woo-hoo! There are (surprisingly) never very many people shopping, so it's a peaceful place - the polar opposite of the Super Walmart we've got here in town. It seems there's always a good variety and great prices. (I always find the best shirts/tops/blouses there!)

Ummm...the best bargain I think I've ever found was at the Goodwill store in my hometown when I was visiting family - way back when Drake was a baby. I got one of those baby backpacks (you know, the hiking type ones with the metal frame, so the baby can ride on your back) for $0.99!! Can't beat that! And we used it A LOT.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why, but I have this major love for Target. I just love to go to Target. I can find anything there!

The best bargain I've found would probably be on Ebay where I got James 12 books for 99 cents. I also got Tobias a really nice three-piece name brand outfit for $6.00. I was pretty proud of that! ha ha

Kirsten said...

My favorite places to shop... hmmm. Probably at places like TJMaxx, Kohl's, etc because there is always the hope of finding a bargain. I also used to love the outlet mall near us in Chicago... it had a Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy outlet all in one and there were good deals! I'm a bargain hunter and Vince often jokes that my budget for new pants is $3 and a new shirt is $1.64... which is not far from the truth. Some is I'm frugal and some is I'm cheap.

As far as best deals... hmmmm... I recently got a set of sheets at Target. They were mis-marked, which I pointed out to the clerk, but he said if they were marked that way, I would get the price as marked. So I got a set of king sheets for $4.96. I love bargains!

Unknown said...

My favorite store to shop at is probably Aldo or Le Chateau. I'm not a big bargain shopper. I tend to save up for what I like and then buy it.
The best bargain I ever found was a t-shirt for $2.00. I was 12, but I still remember it.

Unknown said...

My favorite place to shop...hmmm....Chipotle, because it has AaaaMAZing burritos!!

Actually, the places I would love to shop at cost to much for me to actually shop at. :) I need to take Beth's advice & save up, then shop.

I enjoy stocking up on baby gifts at childrensplace.com (mainly the clearance sales) and tacking on online discount codes (I google hunt them) to the already good prices.

Anonymous said...

I am definitely part of the Target fan club...they have such good clearance, often on things I don't need :) For clothes, favorites would be JcPenney, Old Navy, and outlet malls. I like to shop the clearance clothes for my boys a year in advance. One of the good bargains we got was on one of those big blow-up bouncy castles, 75% off--we paid $50 for it, and it has been well worth it!

Maria said...

My favorite place to shop is Target. The best bargains have been two different neighbors tossing furniture. I got a sitting chair and an entertainment center.

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is not a good start for me...I find it ironic that we're "shopping for time" but I seem to have very little of it these days. Sorry for the lateness. Anyways, my favorite store is Target and Barnes & Noble. B&N is great since Josh gets an employee discount. And I've always preferred Target over Walmart, even though Wally World does have lower prices. I just just find Target more people friendly. My best bargain was at Kohls'. I was able to buy like 3 dresses for $3-5 each. Original price had been like $20 or something. I love dresses...

Karisa said...

And might I remark, Angela, and you and your dress looked quite cute last Sunday. ;) (Even if it wasn't one of your bargains!)