Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How can we help one another in our pursuit of rising early to meet with God and serve our families? Are any of you interested in forming a club? (Whether within this group or on your own with your own group of friends, I encourage you to take the initiative.)

7 comments:

Maria said...

Prayer for energy would be very helpful. It would be helpful to be accountable to going to bed earlier. Again, I am torn inwardly with doing my husband good. He likes to stay up later and he likes to go to bed at the same time as me. So, do I stay up later with him or encourage him to adjust to me? I'll seek Him in prayer and ask Matthew what he would want (if right in God's sight)

Kirsten said...

That's a tough spot to be in Maria. I will definitely pray for you. The question I would ask you is this - are you doing your husband good by accomodating his preferences? Or would you do him more good by growing in godliness? It is good, for sure, to want to serve our husbands and I respect and admire your desire to serve him by adjusting your schedule to fit his preferences. I know a lot of women who are unwilling to do this and I totally respect what you are doing. Does your husband have time to meet with the Lord during the day? I would encourage you to talk with him and explain that you would like to get up a bit earlier to spend time in the Word, but in order to do this, you need to go to be earlier. Ask him if he would be willing to compromise and possibly go to bed a bit earlier for the benefit of your spiritual growth. Or possibly ask him if he would be willing to rise early with you so that you could both be on the same schedule.

Savannah Rose said...

My biggest thing is accountability. I guess I'm okay with letting me down more than I am okay with letting others down. I lack self-discipline a lot of times and I am always able to find an excuse to justify my laziness. Man, I feel like a hopeless human, woman, and wife after saying that. I guess the truth can be harsh sometimes huh.

Savannah Rose said...

Oops! I realize that I was way off subject there...sorry.

I guess I'd think prayer and some sort of an accountability partner would be a good idea.

Karisa said...

So does that mean you're volunteering to have Melonie or Angela call you at 5:00am to get you up? ;)

Melonie said...

We ARE in the same time zone, believe it or not... ;)

Savannah Rose said...

ummm...