Yes and no. I am meeting with God daily during Mattaya's afternoon nap. So sleeping until she wakes up isn't preventing me from having that time, but I can see how having a quiet time FIRST THING would focus my mind and "arm" me for the day.
Sometimes it does. As mentioned earlier I do at times get my quiet time in after exercise. It depends on when the girls rise. I do think it would affect my day greatly. Sometimes I get a chance in the afternoon..again depending if they nap at the same time. The last couple days I did my quiet time while my oldest was playing. I was not able to focus like I should. My husband wanted me to do them some days in the presence of my girls to be an example. I now realize if/when I do this, it should be on top of my quiet time, not as my quiet time (not so quiet when they are playing)
Well, that I'm actually waking at 5, I feel I am more ready to face the day after spending time in the Word. I can't really explain what a difference it does to my attitude for the rest of the day. I remember reading from somewhere that we should always start and end the day with God. I haven't really worked on ending my day with quiet time. One thing at a time =)
It does. I get up at 6:15 each morning to read and pray and then shower before the boys wake. This has made a huge difference in my day and my outlook. There are many, many mornings that Vince is gone before the boys get up. When I used to sleep until I heard them, I was grouchy and dreaded getting up. My day started with thoughts about me, my needs, my wants, my desires, etc. Now that I get up in the morning, I have a much less self-centered view, but rather start the day with turning my naturally self-inclined eyes towards God. It also allows time for Vince and I to start the day together in prayer (when he's home). I'm much more prepared to serve my family once I've had the time to read and get myself ready for the day. When I started getting up, it was really, really hard, but God has blessed my willingness and made it more managable with each passing week.
I'm not really consistent, I have been doing my quiet time either while nursing my youngest in the morning, or at nap time while both boys are in bed, but still some days it doesn't happen at all. Usually I do not get early enough to meet with God before the boys get up, but it would be a visible way for me to put God first in my life, over my schedule, and help me to keep that focus on Him during the day.
It doesn't, but I think it'd be a great thing to incorporate into my life. Its the one time when people aren't calling me, booking meeting times over, etc. I currently spend time with God in the evening, but I find it frequently gets interrupted or I push it off to finish doing other things I have left over on my 'to-do' list.
Now that I'm rising early (5:15ish is when we usually get up), it does allow time to meet with God in the mornings...but I find that even early in the morning, it's easy to waste the time away doing household chores or computer stuff or whatever. So to get my quiet time in, I have to come downstairs after showering and getting dressed, SIT DOWN right away with my Bible and study book, and start reading...or I can easily be distracted with OTHER stuff that would be nice to get done before the boys are up - usually by 7am!
Not at all, I am unhappy to admit that! I'm sure my spiritual life would explode (in a good way) along with other parts of my life is I wasn't so selfish.
My current wake-up time does not allow it. I have been doing my quiet time during Tobias' morning nap, but when I sleep in until he wakes, I feel behind right from the get-go. If I would get up early and get my quiet time done first thing and showered, I would be refreshed and spiritually fed before taking on Mr. Groucho and maybe even spend a little time with James before he heads off to work.
10 comments:
Yes and no. I am meeting with God daily during Mattaya's afternoon nap. So sleeping until she wakes up isn't preventing me from having that time, but I can see how having a quiet time FIRST THING would focus my mind and "arm" me for the day.
Sometimes it does. As mentioned earlier I do at times get my quiet time in after exercise. It depends on when the girls rise. I do think it would affect my day greatly. Sometimes I get a chance in the afternoon..again depending if they nap at the same time. The last couple days I did my quiet time while my oldest was playing. I was not able to focus like I should. My husband wanted me to do them some days in the presence of my girls to be an example. I now realize if/when I do this, it should be on top of my quiet time, not as my quiet time (not so quiet when they are playing)
Well, that I'm actually waking at 5, I feel I am more ready to face the day after spending time in the Word. I can't really explain what a difference it does to my attitude for the rest of the day. I remember reading from somewhere that we should always start and end the day with God. I haven't really worked on ending my day with quiet time. One thing at a time =)
It does. I get up at 6:15 each morning to read and pray and then shower before the boys wake. This has made a huge difference in my day and my outlook. There are many, many mornings that Vince is gone before the boys get up. When I used to sleep until I heard them, I was grouchy and dreaded getting up. My day started with thoughts about me, my needs, my wants, my desires, etc. Now that I get up in the morning, I have a much less self-centered view, but rather start the day with turning my naturally self-inclined eyes towards God. It also allows time for Vince and I to start the day together in prayer (when he's home). I'm much more prepared to serve my family once I've had the time to read and get myself ready for the day. When I started getting up, it was really, really hard, but God has blessed my willingness and made it more managable with each passing week.
I'm not really consistent, I have been doing my quiet time either while nursing my youngest in the morning, or at nap time while both boys are in bed, but still some days it doesn't happen at all. Usually I do not get early enough to meet with God before the boys get up, but it would be a visible way for me to put God first in my life, over my schedule, and help me to keep that focus on Him during the day.
It doesn't, but I think it'd be a great thing to incorporate into my life. Its the one time when people aren't calling me, booking meeting times over, etc. I currently spend time with God in the evening, but I find it frequently gets interrupted or I push it off to finish doing other things I have left over on my 'to-do' list.
Now that I'm rising early (5:15ish is when we usually get up), it does allow time to meet with God in the mornings...but I find that even early in the morning, it's easy to waste the time away doing household chores or computer stuff or whatever. So to get my quiet time in, I have to come downstairs after showering and getting dressed, SIT DOWN right away with my Bible and study book, and start reading...or I can easily be distracted with OTHER stuff that would be nice to get done before the boys are up - usually by 7am!
Not at all, I am unhappy to admit that! I'm sure my spiritual life would explode (in a good way) along with other parts of my life is I wasn't so selfish.
My current wake-up time does not allow it. I have been doing my quiet time during Tobias' morning nap, but when I sleep in until he wakes, I feel behind right from the get-go. If I would get up early and get my quiet time done first thing and showered, I would be refreshed and spiritually fed before taking on Mr. Groucho and maybe even spend a little time with James before he heads off to work.
Post a Comment