Hmm...that sounds good...can I just ditto that? ;) Really, I think I need to do some more SERIOUS examination of my relationships and define how to make them MORE glorifying God. And I think that along with that I need to more carefully consider what I'm contributing to my relationships. And praying for mentor would be entirely appropriate as well.
I need to be more intentional and open about pursuing godliness in the relationships I have; I have several Godly menor relationships, but I don't always open myself up and I know I would grow alot more if I did! And I will ditto Karisa, that I need to consider what I am contributing to my relationships, because in those relationships, I am often not giving as much as I am receiving.
I believe that I need to try to befriend a younger mom in my Bible study (who is currently out of town for several weeks). I think this is one of those "friends who needs friends" relationships, and I guess there'e always hope that maybe there could be some iron sharpening going on, as well.
I would also love to have a relationship where I can be mentored by an older woman. I haven't had a relationship like this for over ten years, since I was in high school, and I miss it very much. I have no idea how to accomplish this, especially since we're likely to be moving soon. I think I will begin to pray about it, and see if God shows me anyone here...or perhaps to prepare the heart of an older woman at our next assignment.
4 comments:
I need to set a particular day each month to encourage a mentor relationship. I also need to pray for friendships in need of salvation.
Hmm...that sounds good...can I just ditto that? ;) Really, I think I need to do some more SERIOUS examination of my relationships and define how to make them MORE glorifying God. And I think that along with that I need to more carefully consider what I'm contributing to my relationships. And praying for mentor would be entirely appropriate as well.
I need to be more intentional and open about pursuing godliness in the relationships I have; I have several Godly menor relationships, but I don't always open myself up and I know I would grow alot more if I did!
And I will ditto Karisa, that I need to consider what I am contributing to my relationships, because in those relationships, I am often not giving as much as I am receiving.
I believe that I need to try to befriend a younger mom in my Bible study (who is currently out of town for several weeks). I think this is one of those "friends who needs friends" relationships, and I guess there'e always hope that maybe there could be some iron sharpening going on, as well.
I would also love to have a relationship where I can be mentored by an older woman. I haven't had a relationship like this for over ten years, since I was in high school, and I miss it very much. I have no idea how to accomplish this, especially since we're likely to be moving soon. I think I will begin to pray about it, and see if God shows me anyone here...or perhaps to prepare the heart of an older woman at our next assignment.
Post a Comment