I've been reading in Mark in the last week, and even in the first several chapters, I have noticed many passages where Jesus does go off to be alone and pray. In chapter 6, Jesus and the disciples were departing to a deserted place to rest and pray, and when they got there the multitudes of people were already there, and Jesus was moved with compassion for them and taught them all day (feeding the five thousand). Later, after He had sent them away at the end of the day, then He went to the mountain to pray. This was a good example to me, because my reaction, if my plans had been interrupted, would probably not have been the same, I would have been more likely to be annoyed and served with a grudging heart rather than being moved with pure compassion. He put others first, but then made time as soon as He could to be alone to pray.
That part of the book pretty much gives me NO excuse. I mean, Jesus had to be the busiest guy on earth, literally, when He was here. And He still made time for retreat. His example is very convicting....and shows that it can be done NO MATTER WHAT and needs to be done!
3 comments:
I think the authors answered this in the book. He left the duties of healing to spend time with his Father.
I've been reading in Mark in the last week, and even in the first several chapters, I have noticed many passages where Jesus does go off to be alone and pray. In chapter 6, Jesus and the disciples were departing to a deserted place to rest and pray, and when they got there the multitudes of people were already there, and Jesus was moved with compassion for them and taught them all day (feeding the five thousand). Later, after He had sent them away at the end of the day, then He went to the mountain to pray. This was a good example to me, because my reaction, if my plans had been interrupted, would probably not have been the same, I would have been more likely to be annoyed and served with a grudging heart rather than being moved with pure compassion. He put others first, but then made time as soon as He could to be alone to pray.
That part of the book pretty much gives me NO excuse. I mean, Jesus had to be the busiest guy on earth, literally, when He was here. And He still made time for retreat. His example is very convicting....and shows that it can be done NO MATTER WHAT and needs to be done!
Post a Comment