On page 71 we read, “The best kind of friend, according to Proverbs 27:17, is one who sharpens us as ‘iron sharpens iron.’” Do you currently have a friend who inspires you to serve, provokes you to love, helps you grow in godliness, corrects you, strengthens your faith and spurs you on to passion for the Savior? How can we as ladies grow in “sharpening” you?
4 comments:
Yes, I am fortunate to have this relationship in my life. I'm not sure how I need to be sharpened. Many times I think I should work on one area and the Lord reveals other areas through this and my relationships. I would think my attitude and growth gentleness needs sharpening.
I do...but it's not because I intentionally sought it out. God uses a couple of my friends to really convict me and challenge me. I don't typically seek that out...and I don't know that they're even necessarily setting out to do it...but God is indeed accomplishing that through friends.
I do, sorta, our relationship was heading further in that direction when we moved last spring, and so our communication has been less since then, but she and I are looking forward to continuing to develop our friendship when we move back to KS this summer.
I need sharpening by having someone else's outside look at me and how I live out my life--to point out those things that I may not be seeing, but really need sharpening or growth in godliness.
This is hard. I have been told by my husband on more than one occasion that I don't take "constructive criticism" well. And he's right, I don't. I know that it's true, and it bugs me. And that might be the reason that it's sort of lacking in my life, because maybe I put out this "unapproachable" vibe to people who might have been willing to challenge me, but they think I'd bite their head off or something. I don't know. This is something I plan to pray about and work on.
Post a Comment