Thursday, February 12, 2009

On page 41, we read,

The key to becoming a successful shopper of time is to make our first priority that of seeking God through his Word and prayer.

How have you seen this in your own life? What have you done to strengthen your pursuit of God since we last met?

6 comments:

Maria said...

If I prepare my day with God then all things seem to fall into place and if they don't I'm more equipped to handle them. I was slacking earlier this week and I had just a rough time. Toward with end though my mindset was back on track and through the crazy moments I wasn't as 'crazy'.

Kirsten said...

I have most certainly seen this in my life. As far as strengthening my pursiuit - not much has changed. I have been working on being more disciplined in prayer, but other than that, most has stayed the same.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I have done next to nothing to strengthen my pursuit of God in the last week. I had a busier than usual week (making cakes for a baby shower, food for a family having a new baby, and watching the kids of the same family when they had their baby) and even in light of reading this chapter, I chose to be a Martha. even though the things I did were 'good', most days I didn't choose that which is BEST first, sitting at the feet of Jesus, and relying on Him to help me through each day. I chose to serve but not to also commune, as they taked about on pg. 49, quite convicting now as I reflect back on my week! I continue to struggle in my self-sufficiency.

Anonymous said...

Since starting this book, I am definitely more aware of the need for God first thing in the morning. I cannot say I have been perfect with it, but I am definitely trying to be a member of the 5am club. When I don't get up, I can tell a difference. I still make it a point to read, but there's something different about sitting at his feet first thing in the morning.

Melonie said...

I haven't done very well this week with spending time with God in the mornings. I'm finding it easy to waste that precious (newly discovered!) time in the mornings on busy stuff around the house that does indeed need to get done, but is certainly not a priority over communing with the Lord. Hopefully recognizing this and stating it again here will help it sink into my head...

Savannah Rose said...

I've noticed that my days are always more productive and fulfilling when I start out with meeting with God.