Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chapter Three

The girls describe sitting at the Savior's feet each morning as the "deal of all deals" for Christians. What do they mean?

6 comments:

Maria said...

The extra sleep or to-do's done it not worth anything with out God walking by our side.

Kirsten said...

I think they mean, like Maria said, that everything we do needs to be in light of first sitting at Christ's feet. We need to temper our day by first prioritizing it rather than jumping in.

Anonymous said...

We can't get a better "deal" in the morning than a good dose of our Lord. Sleep won't sustain us. Even though we think so, coffee isn't even the BEST deal first thing in the morning! The Lord is the best drink of choice (with a little coffee on the side)!

Karisa said...

Well said. I agree with you guys.

Melonie said...

pg. 42:
"Wisdom. Guidance. Peace. Strength. We can't successfully shop for time without them. And we'll only find these essentials by sitting at Jesus' feet. We certainly can't manufacture them on our own. As Jesus plainly puts it in John 15:5, 'Apart from me you can do nothing.'"
(When I can't say it better myself, I quote!)

Savannah Rose said...

I think they mean that of all the things we do or could be doing spending time with God is the most important.