Why should we evaluate all the various priorities of our lives, only to focus on one or two areas for change? Share with us a time when you’ve sought to change in one area of your life, and how you were blessed.
My first year of marriage was rough, to say the least. I read the first half of "The Power of a Praying Wife" The first chapter was focused on praying for myself to change first, before even praying for my husband to change. This was huge!!! As I prayed for change in me, my eyes were extremely opened to my sin in the relationship. Once in a while, I (and my husband) will notice tendencies in me that remind us of that awful first year. We then remember God's grace and blessing that brought us through that time in our marriage.
To answer the first part, I think focusing on just one or two areas is wise because it's more attainable than achieving excellence in ALL areas at the same time. We'll be more focused on the area of needed growth...more energy will go into it, and we're more likely to see results. Nothing is coming to me on the second part...but I'll keep thinking about it.
A recent example of this was last year, after our second child was born and we were moving, I was really struggling with balancing 'life'; being a to-do kinda person, I often felt like I was neglecting playing with my children in order to get more 'stuff' done. I really wanted my heart to change, not just my actions, and through praying about it and making some changes in my daily activities, my heart IS changing (I'm not there yet!). How I have been blessed is that my perspective on my homemaker/stay at home mom role has changed some and I am more peaceful about not always having a perfectly clean house or whatnot. And also, I have seemed be become more productive while still taking more time to just be with my children without always doing something.
An area I've worked on this past year has been consistent bible reading. God has blessed me richly...with a completely renewed relationship with Him. Chatting with my Lord daily and reading His word is just drawing me closer and closer to Him......like our relationships with our husbands. The more time we spend together, the closer we get!
4 comments:
My first year of marriage was rough, to say the least. I read the first half of "The Power of a Praying Wife" The first chapter was focused on praying for myself to change first, before even praying for my husband to change. This was huge!!! As I prayed for change in me, my eyes were extremely opened to my sin in the relationship. Once in a while, I (and my husband) will notice tendencies in me that remind us of that awful first year. We then remember God's grace and blessing that brought us through that time in our marriage.
To answer the first part, I think focusing on just one or two areas is wise because it's more attainable than achieving excellence in ALL areas at the same time. We'll be more focused on the area of needed growth...more energy will go into it, and we're more likely to see results.
Nothing is coming to me on the second part...but I'll keep thinking about it.
A recent example of this was last year, after our second child was born and we were moving, I was really struggling with balancing 'life'; being a to-do kinda person, I often felt like I was neglecting playing with my children in order to get more 'stuff' done. I really wanted my heart to change, not just my actions, and through praying about it and making some changes in my daily activities, my heart IS changing (I'm not there yet!). How I have been blessed is that my perspective on my homemaker/stay at home mom role has changed some and I am more peaceful about not always having a perfectly clean house or whatnot. And also, I have seemed be become more productive while still taking more time to just be with my children without always doing something.
An area I've worked on this past year has been consistent bible reading. God has blessed me richly...with a completely renewed relationship with Him. Chatting with my Lord daily and reading His word is just drawing me closer and closer to Him......like our relationships with our husbands. The more time we spend together, the closer we get!
Post a Comment