Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello, my name is ____, and I'm a _____.

Welcome! Because we have some newcomers, let's just do some quick introductions. Share whatever you're comfortable sharing (no need to tell us your social security number or anything). Tell us who you are and what you do. Give us a glimpse of your family, your interests, and your personality. Glad you all are here!

14 comments:

Karisa said...

I am Karisa. Although trained to be a speech-language pathologist, I'm a stay-at-home mom. I have a husband (Matt) and a daughter (Mattaya, age 1). I very much enjoy cooking and reading (mostly nonfiction). I have very little insight into my own personality because everyone seems to perceive me in different ways. If I say something and you wonder if you should be offended, assume not. Some say I have a "strong personality"...and I do have opinions (to be sure), but I'm typically a chicken when it comes to confrontation (unless you're related to me by blood or bound to me in wedded bliss). ;) I'm glad God has rounded up so many women who are excited to learn and grow and encourage one another! May we depend upon and honor Christ in all we say and do. :)

Maria said...

Hello, my name is Maria, and I'm a stay-at-home mom. I've been married to my husband (Matthew) for 5 years. We have 2 daughters, Lila (1 1/2 year) and Grace (7 months). I also have a dental hygiene license, but am not practicing currently. Let's see...I'm usually reading something so I'll say what I'm currently reading: "How to Bring you Children to Christ- and keep them there" by Ray Comfort, "Spiritual Mothering" by Susan Hunt, Psalms, and "Lies Women Believe and the Truths that set them free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I love reading and wish I had more time for it. I currently am striving to not put God or approach godly traits as a to-do list.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Melonie. I'm a wife and mom. My husband, Adam, is in the Air Force, and we're stationed in Florida right now. We have two sons. Drake is 6 years old and a kindergartner, and Levi is almost 2. I am an introspective, introverted, unorganized, emotional, compassionate, creative, easily intimidated person. (And probably a lot of other things, but those were the traits that immediately came to mind.) I really enjoy reading, writing, sewing/crafts, and loving my kids and husband. I am super excited to learn about using my time wisely! This is an area in which I struggle. A lot. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey. I'm Amy. I'm a very part-time court reporter and mostly stay-at-home mom. I have a wonderful hubby of 9 years, James. He's also in the Air Force. I have a one-year-old boy, Tobias. We have two pups and a bratty cat.
As far as my personality goes, I love to talk. I'm most definitely an extrovert. I love being with friends and hanging out with James and T. I like to knit. I'm very unorganized and really need to find a better way to organize my time. So this study is for me!
I'm ready to give ALL to God!

Kirsten said...

Greetings. I'm Kirsten. I'm married to Vince (9 years), and we have three boys - Ezra is 4 1/2, Asher is 3 and Obed is 16 months. I enjoy cooking, cleaning, organizing, entertaining and sitting quietly on the couch after all three boys are in bed, doing absolutely nothing.

As far as my personality goes, I don't really know how to describe it. One of my professors in grad school described it as "gentle strength." I don't know if that's accurate or not. I laugh easily, cry easily, am slightly neurotic and love to please (in a sinful way). I'm grateful God is kind in showing my sin to me because at times, it's overwhelming to see how far I have to grow!

I'm excited about this book - but maybe in a different way than others. I don't tend to have a problem using my time wisely. I tend to accomplish much, organize well and keep on top of things fairly well. There are many times, however, that I wonder if I am using my time for my own edification or for God's glory (i.e. things that make ME feel good versus things that bring glory to God - not that they're necessarily mutually exclusive). I want to know what the balance is between keeping on top of my daily chores and responsibilities, but also taking the time to cherish my husband and children. I'm excited to learn from the wisdom of the Mahaney women!

Savannah Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Nicole, and I am a follower of Christ, a wife of an Army soldier (Josh), and a stay-at-home mom of two boys (Jonathan, 4yrs, and Caleb, 10 mo). We currently live in Missouri, but have spent most of our married life in Kansas, and will be moving later this spring, destination unknown. Those of you wondering how I came to this study, I had the privilege of going to school with Karisa and Maria, thanks for letting me join you :) I am a softspoken, definitely not outgoing (God's been working on that), type-A, try to be organized, and usually try to do too much person. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, being outdoors, cooking, and reading. I like to organzie but struggle to balance and organize my time well, and am truly excited for what the Lord has to teach me through this study, and hope that my life will reflect those lessons!

Savannah Rose said...

Hola! My name is Savannah, and I'm a young wife with no niƱos yet and I just moved to Minot. I have been married for almost 6 months now, my husbands name is Marc and he is 22 years old, he works as a Master Tech. I am nearing the end of my 19th year of life, and I'm currently in search for a major.
I have a tendency to be pretty sarcastic, but that’s just how my humor is so please do not be offended if I say something dumb. I tend to think pretty black and white so sometimes it will be a day or to before I get a joke. I also tend to confuse other people a lot, so if you ever happen to get confused or feel lost when talking to me its my fault not yours. I'm not claiming to be really smart I just have trouble sticking to the topic and sometimes communating in general.
For some reason people always say I look tired and upset but most of the time I am not, my face LIES about my emotions! I'm just not good at showing how I feel on the inside.
I love to share things that I have learned (from the bible) with other people because I'm excited that I've understood something that changes lives and how I view life. I'm excited to be in this group and I'm excited to learn and to share! Lets Party!

Anonymous said...

Hello =) My name is Angela. I currently work at Minot AFB as civil service, but that job will be ending sometime in Feb. I've only been married for 2+ months to Josh but we've known each other for 6 years. We also have two crazy cats, Zoey and Loki. I love to read (currently reading The Witness by Dee Henderson, The Enemy Within by Kris Lundgaard, Power of the Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian, and this study). I also love to knit and cook/bake. I've been told that I'm a very helpful person and I like to please people (also in sinful way). I'm a planner. I have to have a plan but at the same time, I'm a reactionary, so whatever the immediate crisis is, I have to fix that first. So, I have a problem prioritizing. While I am organized, I don't really use my time wisely (see procrastinator). =) It seems I'm just full of contradictions. I look forward to this study and to find out what else God can teach me (and I know there is a lot).

Unknown said...

Hello! My name is Kassidy. I'm married to Jason (5 years) and have a son named Hudson who is 9 months old.

As far as my personality goes, I'm an introvert that is thought by many to be an extrovert. Maybe I'm a bit of both...?

A few of my favorite things... My husband & son, family & friends, coffee & pizza AND having a freshly cleaned house on a Friday night.

I'm very excited to read this book & discuss it with each of you. Like some of you have shared, I too desire to use my time more wisely & God honoring!

Unknown said...

Hey, my name is Beth.
I am currently a college student taking Speech Language Pathology. I have a fiancee (Wayne), no children, and no pets.
My personality varies depending on the people I'm around. I'm very opinionated, but generally laid back. I have massive punctuality issues.
I love variety. I enjoy traveling, reading, activities involving sun and water, looking at art, listening to music, watching and playing sports, cooking and eating, movies, snowball fights, hot chocolate, coffee, Vietnamese food, and scrapbooking.
I'm looking forward to this study. I have been struggling with managing my time in a way that reflects what should be my priorities.

Karisa said...

YAY! You all get a gold star for your lovely introductions. :) Thanks for taking the time to meet and greet each other. I'm excited about learning to glorify God by using our time wisely with you. Reminder: Postings will occur on Thursdays. You don't have to SHOW UP on Thursdays...just try to pop in once a week when it works for you to discuss what we're learning. And as you run into each other and such, check in with one another and hold each other accountable and pray with/for one another that we all might grow in Christlikeness for the GLORY OF GOD!

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
Are you guys at Ft. Leonard Wood by any chance? My hubby is Air Force, but we were there almost 10 years ago when he was in tech school for being a heavy equipment operator. Just curious if you're at the same post.
Melonie

Anonymous said...

Melonie,
Yes, we are at Fort Leonard Wood (or Fort Lost in the Woods ;). This is our second time here for a schooling for Josh. We move again in April.