Yes, I'm sure I have and still do expect too much maturity from my children, but I am trusting God to help me be more wise in that area. Sin is rebellion against God, unbelief, etc. Immaturity is weakness in an area due to lack of understanding or ability to do differently.
Yes, I really struggle with this. I think I do not have a good grasp on the difference and might be erring in my discipline. Since reading this chapter, I have tried to be more thoughtful and discerning. I think punishing their immaturity will frustrate them more than teach and encourage them. Yes, praying for wisdom in this are!
2 comments:
Yes, I'm sure I have and still do expect too much maturity from my children, but I am trusting God to help me be more wise in that area. Sin is rebellion against God, unbelief, etc. Immaturity is weakness in an area due to lack of understanding or ability to do differently.
Yes, I really struggle with this. I think I do not have a good grasp on the difference and might be erring in my discipline. Since reading this chapter, I have tried to be more thoughtful and discerning. I think punishing their immaturity will frustrate them more than teach and encourage them. Yes, praying for wisdom in this are!
Post a Comment