This would be much easier to do if I read the chapter in one sitting and then immediately wrote the summary. That is not the case. I can tell you what I underlined, however:
Parenting methods that assume or ignore the gospel are not Christian. The gospel must hold the center in all we think, do, and say with our kids.
Times of correction are to be times of gospel witness, reminding children that Jesus knows what it is to be punished and that he submitted to it even though he didn't deserve it.
We don't have to sever our relationship with unrepentant children, because our relationship is not based on their merit but rather on the ties of family love. ... "God does not slack his promises because of our sins or hasten them because of our righteousness and merits. He pays no attention to either."
Nourish and tenderly cherish your children in the lap of your longsuffering and entrust them into the hand of a faithful Savior, who along has the ability to transform the heart. (pretty sure I need to paint that one all over the walls of my home!)
Remind your children who they are, of your love and welcome. then remind them of God's gracious offer of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. THEN command their obedience.
1 comment:
This would be much easier to do if I read the chapter in one sitting and then immediately wrote the summary. That is not the case. I can tell you what I underlined, however:
Parenting methods that assume or ignore the gospel are not Christian. The gospel must hold the center in all we think, do, and say with our kids.
Times of correction are to be times of gospel witness, reminding children that Jesus knows what it is to be punished and that he submitted to it even though he didn't deserve it.
We don't have to sever our relationship with unrepentant children, because our relationship is not based on their merit but rather on the ties of family love. ... "God does not slack his promises because of our sins or hasten them because of our righteousness and merits. He pays no attention to either."
Nourish and tenderly cherish your children in the lap of your longsuffering and entrust them into the hand of a faithful Savior, who along has the ability to transform the heart. (pretty sure I need to paint that one all over the walls of my home!)
Remind your children who they are, of your love and welcome. then remind them of God's gracious offer of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. THEN command their obedience.
Post a Comment