The gospel helps us rest in what Christ has done instead of trusting in ourselves or expecting too much from our children. The gospel reminds us that we and our children are truly LOVED no matter how much we fail, because we are clothed in the perfect righteousness of Christ. The gospel tells us that Christ has conquered sin, death, and the devil when he rose from the grave. The gospel not only reminds us that we now have access to the Father in prayer, but that Christ himself intercedes for us.
And this is why I shouldn't always wait for you to post first! I just want to say "ditto" to everything. :) I totally agree and can attest to the difference the gospel makes in my heart and my countenance. When I am treasuring the gospel, I love my children well and tend to discipline in a way that is more biblically aligned. My children know the difference. Those days that I'm abiding in Him and keeping the gospel ever before me are generally better days. Other days...my attitude/heart/countenance are not right, and they see it and respond very poorly to it. So my treasuring the gospel in my own heart blesses me and blesses my whole family as it bleeds into their lives. My lack of the gospel similarly bleeds into their lives...but in a very negative way.
2 comments:
The gospel helps us rest in what Christ has done instead of trusting in ourselves or expecting too much from our children. The gospel reminds us that we and our children are truly LOVED no matter how much we fail, because we are clothed in the perfect righteousness of Christ. The gospel tells us that Christ has conquered sin, death, and the devil when he rose from the grave. The gospel not only reminds us that we now have access to the Father in prayer, but that Christ himself intercedes for us.
And this is why I shouldn't always wait for you to post first! I just want to say "ditto" to everything. :) I totally agree and can attest to the difference the gospel makes in my heart and my countenance. When I am treasuring the gospel, I love my children well and tend to discipline in a way that is more biblically aligned. My children know the difference. Those days that I'm abiding in Him and keeping the gospel ever before me are generally better days. Other days...my attitude/heart/countenance are not right, and they see it and respond very poorly to it. So my treasuring the gospel in my own heart blesses me and blesses my whole family as it bleeds into their lives. My lack of the gospel similarly bleeds into their lives...but in a very negative way.
Post a Comment