When did you come to grips with the reality that you needed a planning system? Was there a season or new responsibility that forced you to no longer “fly by the seat of your pants”?
I've always had some type of planner. Recently I've started a cleaning schedule to do a little each day. I have started to use my computer as a schedule. I'm still deciding if I like that. I think my second child and figuring out my role as a helper has forced the cleaning schedule. Then the weekends are spent with my husband, not cleaning to check up from the week's messes.
I've floated through different planning styles throughout my life. Little notebook planners are oh-so-fun...I've always been very attracted to them, but I quickly lose interest in using them. What I'm using now (and which I've been using for over a year now...by far a record) is a weekly schedule I've designed for myself on the computer. All of my daily cleaning tasks are already printed on there...when I print it out, I check my calendar and write any scheduled items on there...and I've left myself some extra room to write in to-do's that inevitably come up. It has been working REALLY well for our family. I've had to tweak things here and there, but the format has really been helpful. It was born of necessity sometime after Mattaya was born and I started functioning again. Still suffering from pregnant-brain and feeling very overwhelmed by all that needed to be done ON TOP OF childcare, I attempted to get organized.
I've always had some sort of calendar or planner, but sometime after my first child was born did I actually start planning daily things like cleaning. I use a dollar store calendar/planner for appointments and such, with my cleaning schedule on a piece of paper in the back. Since my second child I've been trying to figure out the balance of time and activities in our home, so it continues to be a work in progress. This was one of the parts of this book I was excited about before we started, I would love to have anyones tips on how they plan/organize their day at home, especially if anyone homeschools or has children in different stages (baby/preschooler). I'd also be intested in knowing more about your computer scheduling, Karisa.
3 comments:
I've always had some type of planner. Recently I've started a cleaning schedule to do a little each day. I have started to use my computer as a schedule. I'm still deciding if I like that. I think my second child and figuring out my role as a helper has forced the cleaning schedule. Then the weekends are spent with my husband, not cleaning to check up from the week's messes.
I've floated through different planning styles throughout my life. Little notebook planners are oh-so-fun...I've always been very attracted to them, but I quickly lose interest in using them. What I'm using now (and which I've been using for over a year now...by far a record) is a weekly schedule I've designed for myself on the computer. All of my daily cleaning tasks are already printed on there...when I print it out, I check my calendar and write any scheduled items on there...and I've left myself some extra room to write in to-do's that inevitably come up. It has been working REALLY well for our family. I've had to tweak things here and there, but the format has really been helpful. It was born of necessity sometime after Mattaya was born and I started functioning again. Still suffering from pregnant-brain and feeling very overwhelmed by all that needed to be done ON TOP OF childcare, I attempted to get organized.
I've always had some sort of calendar or planner, but sometime after my first child was born did I actually start planning daily things like cleaning. I use a dollar store calendar/planner for appointments and such, with my cleaning schedule on a piece of paper in the back. Since my second child I've been trying to figure out the balance of time and activities in our home, so it continues to be a work in progress.
This was one of the parts of this book I was excited about before we started, I would love to have anyones tips on how they plan/organize their day at home, especially if anyone homeschools or has children in different stages (baby/preschooler). I'd also be intested in knowing more about your computer scheduling, Karisa.
Post a Comment