In the book’s conclusion, we are reminded that “We don’t evaluate our priorities, consider relationships, and simplify tasks merely to avoid being overwhelmed. We do it so that our manner of life would be worthy of the gospel. We do it because, by God’s amazing grace, we can live a life worthy of the gospel” (p. 93).
What usually motivates you in your efforts to manage your time? How can we keep the gospel at the forefront of our minds as we decide how to use our time?
2 comments:
I think my primary motivation in most things is my own benefit or my own sense of accomplishment. This was a really good reminder for me to hear again at the end: the WHY of it all. Which in turn led me to remember the HOW...not in my own strength, but in His. For me, keeping the gospel at the forefront is going to come down to my CHOOSING to make that a priority, FINDING ways to remind myself, ABIDING in Christ throughout the day, and RELYING on Him in all things.
You said that very well, Karisa, and I echo that for my life. I am too often motivated to manage my time so that it can benefit me, and I can accomplish things, rather than being open to be used by God for His benefit, to accomplish what He wills. To keep the gospel at the forefront of my mind, I will need to be intentional and purposeful in choosing that which is better, to sit still before the Lord, to place a higher priority on things that last, like relationships, and not worry about the things of this world so much.
Post a Comment