Eat the elephant is my current status. We are slowly removing wallpaper in each room. I wrote all the stages down just yesterday to accomplish the end goal with updating our home. I also am doing this to catch up on my photo albums.
I haven't had any serious elephant issues until now...now we've moved, and there are boxes and messes EVERYWHERE. So I'm plucking away at it one room at a time, one box at a time. Choosing the best time was maybe the more convicting lesson for me. I tend to put off the most hateful tasks until I don't have time to complete them (and I justify my procrastination by being REALLY productive in tasks I don't mind so much), because I know Matt will help me get done whatever I can't. Evil woman, I know; taking advantage of a nice guy like Matt. It's entirely reasonable for me to discipline myself to tackle those horrible tasks FIRST so that they're finished and so that my husband can devote his time and effort to things he wants/needs to do.
My "eat the elephant" things are things that I want to do, like organizing our office, catching up on pictures/photo albums, but I don't hardly ever do them because there are so many other things that seem so much more urgent. Hopefully by putting the other shopping for time tips into more consistent practice, I will make better use of my time to do these things little by little.
3 comments:
Eat the elephant is my current status. We are slowly removing wallpaper in each room. I wrote all the stages down just yesterday to accomplish the end goal with updating our home. I also am doing this to catch up on my photo albums.
I haven't had any serious elephant issues until now...now we've moved, and there are boxes and messes EVERYWHERE. So I'm plucking away at it one room at a time, one box at a time. Choosing the best time was maybe the more convicting lesson for me. I tend to put off the most hateful tasks until I don't have time to complete them (and I justify my procrastination by being REALLY productive in tasks I don't mind so much), because I know Matt will help me get done whatever I can't. Evil woman, I know; taking advantage of a nice guy like Matt. It's entirely reasonable for me to discipline myself to tackle those horrible tasks FIRST so that they're finished and so that my husband can devote his time and effort to things he wants/needs to do.
My "eat the elephant" things are things that I want to do, like organizing our office, catching up on pictures/photo albums, but I don't hardly ever do them because there are so many other things that seem so much more urgent. Hopefully by putting the other shopping for time tips into more consistent practice, I will make better use of my time to do these things little by little.
Post a Comment