I'm currently working on the relying on God (instead of myself) part, but I also am in the process of planning a personal retreat. Once life is more on an even keel, I'll take the plunge and go back to waking early...just not in the chips with pregnancy right now. As far as how it's going, it's hard to say. I'm bad at relying...but my current state of not feeling particularly well is a pretty consistent reminder that I am not sufficient to do much of anything. ;) So I am slowly but surely learning to look to God for wisdom to know which things MUST get done and for the STRENGTH to accomplish those things.
Honestly, I need to apply each of the five tips to my life! I have started getting up earlier more consistently, and I have been choosing to spend a portion of that time in the Word and prayer--there is still definitely room for much improvement, but God has met me there and has already blessed me through that time. The personal retreat and evaluating relationships tips had not been something on my radar before this book, but I can see now their value, and I felt convicted particularly about being a better friend (and as a result, I have taken a step in the right direction towards continuing to develop a current, now long-distance relationship). And lastly, depending on God to be productive in daily life is definitely something I need to apply to my life, but something I struggle in so much!
2 comments:
I'm currently working on the relying on God (instead of myself) part, but I also am in the process of planning a personal retreat. Once life is more on an even keel, I'll take the plunge and go back to waking early...just not in the chips with pregnancy right now. As far as how it's going, it's hard to say. I'm bad at relying...but my current state of not feeling particularly well is a pretty consistent reminder that I am not sufficient to do much of anything. ;) So I am slowly but surely learning to look to God for wisdom to know which things MUST get done and for the STRENGTH to accomplish those things.
Honestly, I need to apply each of the five tips to my life! I have started getting up earlier more consistently, and I have been choosing to spend a portion of that time in the Word and prayer--there is still definitely room for much improvement, but God has met me there and has already blessed me through that time. The personal retreat and evaluating relationships tips had not been something on my radar before this book, but I can see now their value, and I felt convicted particularly about being a better friend (and as a result, I have taken a step in the right direction towards continuing to develop a current, now long-distance relationship). And lastly, depending on God to be productive in daily life is definitely something I need to apply to my life, but something I struggle in so much!
Post a Comment