#3 - What are the 4 categories of obedience outlined in this chapter? Have you used these different categories to make your children think they can earn God's favor?
Initial, social, civic, religious. Yes, I have taught them that disobeying is displeasing to God and that obeying is pleasing to him. And I know that without the foundation of Christ's righteousness this is moralism/legalism. Therefore, my husband and I are seeking to teach our children of Christ's substitutionary death and life of perfect obedience in our place. And our desire is to apply these gospel truths in all circumstances.
1 comment:
Initial, social, civic, religious. Yes, I have taught them that disobeying is displeasing to God and that obeying is pleasing to him. And I know that without the foundation of Christ's righteousness this is moralism/legalism. Therefore, my husband and I are seeking to teach our children of Christ's substitutionary death and life of perfect obedience in our place. And our desire is to apply these gospel truths in all circumstances.
Post a Comment