Monday, June 27, 2011

#5 - How does a full view of grace change the way we teach the law?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This question gets to right to the heart of where I think my parenting needs to change. We can (and I think should) hold our children to a high standard. But adhering to our rules and expectations won't make them righteous! Their failures should be better opportunities for us to teach than their successes, though I have no idea how that will play out practically.

npitch said...

A full view of grace, should help us teach others to rest in who Christ is and what he has done. It should also help us to teach others with grace, love, kindness, patience, etc.

Karisa said...

I think a full view of grace will mean that I won't be setting out the law as the rules they must obey "or else" (which to me always indicated God was stern/angry/mad/waiting for me to mess up). I think it will result in our LOVING the law instead of resenting it. I think we'll see the law more as a reflection of Who God is and what He has fulfilled for us.