Monday, June 27, 2011

#6 - Summarize what you've learned in this chapter in 3 or 4 sentences.

2 comments:

npitch said...

What stood out to me most was this: "Every way we try to make our kids good that isn't rooted in the good news of the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ is damnable, crushing, despair-breeding, Pharisee-producing law." Parenting without the gospel is more harmful than I realize. I also appreciated the RIGHT way of understanding the story of Jonah. So many times when studying the scriptures, I find myself confused, but when the Holy Spirit helps me to see the scriptures in light of the gospel, everything starts to make sense.

Karisa said...

That same statement slapped me right in the face. I knew my parenting needed to change, but I think maybe I felt like it was more of a "fresh coat of paint" situation than a "completely gut a renovate" situation. It has given a lot more gravity to my responsibility as a parent and to the opportunities to share the gospel with my children.