Monday, August 1, 2011

Chapter 4: Jesus Loves All His Little Prodigals and Pharisees

Have you ignored your little Pharisees' need for a Savior? How can you help the Pharisees in your house see the greater law?

2 comments:

Karisa said...

So far I think I am the only Pharisee in the house! And as such, I do tend to overlook my own pharisaism. I do think that certain "praise" habits we have established could definitely set our kids up for thinking they are good. So as we read more and learn more, we're looking at how to change our encouraging words so we can build our kids up without puffing them up.

npitch said...

I am the greatest Pharisee I know. I watched the interview with Elyse regarding this book, and I actually burst into tears when she was talking about this chapter. The Holy Spirit really convicted me that I have not loved mercy. I have noticed this tendency in my children as well, and I believe that the solution to this is remembering God's great mercy towards us.