My only comfort (and my GREATEST comfort) is knowing that God is bigger than my failure. While I'm called to obey His instructions to parents, the eternal destiny of my children does not rest squarely on my ability to parent well. When I am failing, that is a tremendous comfort. When I am striving to do well and my children aren't responding appropriately, it is a comfort to know that Christ CAN change their hearts (because I sure can't!).
2 comments:
My only comfort (and my GREATEST comfort) is knowing that God is bigger than my failure. While I'm called to obey His instructions to parents, the eternal destiny of my children does not rest squarely on my ability to parent well. When I am failing, that is a tremendous comfort. When I am striving to do well and my children aren't responding appropriately, it is a comfort to know that Christ CAN change their hearts (because I sure can't!).
Christ righteousness, love and mercy.
Post a Comment