In this chapter, I learned that failure in parenting is NOT imperfect application of parenting principles but RATHER reliance on myself and my abilities to produce good kids. In my brain, I know God is greater than my inconsistencies and can save my children with or without me. In my real life, I'm suffering intense frustration in parenting, and I KNOW it's because I'm relying on myself and trying to take control of my kids (and it's detrimental to our whole family). This chapter arrived at the perfect time. I am thankful to have this truth poured on me when I am struggling with this very thing.
I was reminded again that if the fate of my children depended on me there would be absolutely no hope--I am so thankful that God is in control and not me.
2 comments:
In this chapter, I learned that failure in parenting is NOT imperfect application of parenting principles but RATHER reliance on myself and my abilities to produce good kids. In my brain, I know God is greater than my inconsistencies and can save my children with or without me. In my real life, I'm suffering intense frustration in parenting, and I KNOW it's because I'm relying on myself and trying to take control of my kids (and it's detrimental to our whole family). This chapter arrived at the perfect time. I am thankful to have this truth poured on me when I am struggling with this very thing.
I was reminded again that if the fate of my children depended on me there would be absolutely no hope--I am so thankful that God is in control and not me.
Post a Comment