I feel a little silly answering some of these questions having no kids. :).. but...
As with all things, giving up any idea I have that I am in control and resting in the Lords sovereignty gives a kind of peace I can't really put into words. I can only imagine how much more a parent would enjoy their children and the gift it is to have them when they are resting in the Lords will.
If I was completely resting in God, I wouldn't be grasping for control (which manifests itself in my being angry or impatient). If I wasn't grasping for control, I'd be more patient and gentle and joyful and loving...and that would bless my relationship with my children immensely. Not only would our home be a happier place, but we would all be more rightly focused on pleasing God instead of appeasing Mom.
2 comments:
I feel a little silly answering some of these questions having no kids. :).. but...
As with all things, giving up any idea I have that I am in control and resting in the Lords sovereignty gives a kind of peace I can't really put into words. I can only imagine how much more a parent would enjoy their children and the gift it is to have them when they are resting in the Lords will.
If I was completely resting in God, I wouldn't be grasping for control (which manifests itself in my being angry or impatient). If I wasn't grasping for control, I'd be more patient and gentle and joyful and loving...and that would bless my relationship with my children immensely. Not only would our home be a happier place, but we would all be more rightly focused on pleasing God instead of appeasing Mom.
Post a Comment