GOALS OF DISCUSSION
In this conversation we will focus on
(1) cultivating tender thoughts and tender behavior toward our children;
(2) drawing upon God's grace for the enormous task of motherhood; and
(3) remembering our ultimate goal--the salvation of our children's souls.
SINCE LAST TIME
How did you choose to cherish your husband this past week?
Did it serve to intensify your love for him?
Elaborate.
FUN STUFF
Tell us how many children you have, along with their names and ages. How many hours were you in labor with each of them?
6 comments:
Fun stuff: I have 2 daughters, Lila who is 16 months and Grace, who is 4 months. With Lila I was in labor for 12 hours, then had a c-section. With Grace I was in labor for 5 hours.
Since last time: I'm not sure I understand everything correctly..I think I mentioned in last weeks questions I held Matthew's hand..is this the same question? I'm not sure how or if it did intensify our love. We both understand we don't have much time for intense love. When we have a quiet moment we each want to do our own thing and we are okay with that in this season of life.
Since last time...I had chosen to greet him at the door whenever he arrived home. Can't say I've been very consistent with that, but I've been more intentional to at least verbally greet him and ask about his day before I throw him the baby and march off for chores (or a break).
Fun Stuff...I have one child named Mattaya who is 13 months old. I was in labor for 14 hours and 45 minutes.
Hey Karisa, great post. Have you checked out "girltalk" this week? It's all about doing your husband good Here's link: http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/
I didn't see the question before (I've been inconsistent to say the least this week in reading blogs...) but I have noticed (as a result of our wonderful new sunday school class on Godly family building) that I have been viewing him differently: more as the man that God chose for me...from before the foundations of the universe! My tongue has not been as sharp as it has been in the past. I haven't been nearly as critical. I have been trying to touch him more...just casually like we did when we were first married.
Thanks for the link, Steph--I'll have to take a look...
I've noticed the same things. Not that I've perfected the whole wife thing, but I see my attitude and mindset changing. And I'm more aware when my words/actions are out of line.
How's Chad doing? I had read your blog, and we prayed for him in church on Sunday.
Well, better late than never, huh?! I am a full week behind you two, but I will catch up eventually!
So I've been working on cherishing James even when I don't feel "in love". I try to think about how much of a sinner I am toward God and that it's no different. I've been trying to remember 13 years ago when we met and started dating and all the things I LOVED back then. It's been really helping. It's definitely a process....
Tobias James is 11 months old. I was induced cuz of pre-eclampsia so I was in labor probably 10 hours or so, but only hard labor for an hour.
It can definitely be hard to "re-capture" those feelings because of all changes that have occurred. Before starting this book, I was really frustrated in trying to get back to those feelings. It helped me to keep in mind that our love and grown and matured, AND it helped even more when Mahaney pointed out that the EXPRESSION of those two types of love are different. So as I've attempted to express phileo (spend time ENJOYING my husband) I've seen some growth in my FEELINGS toward him. If that helps. If not, just disregard and mosey. ;)
Post a Comment