Monday, October 6, 2008

GRACE REMINDER

As we embark on this study, we must remember that it is "our great God and Savior Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13) who makes it possible for us to display the loveliness of the gospel. What is one area where you are currently discouraged in your role as a wife and mother? How can we pray for you?

3 comments:

Karisa said...

It's really hard to nail down ONE area. I feel like I'm having major heart issues. I do fine taking care of my husband and child and home. My motivation and my attitude is not always right, and I'm not setting an example of godliness that I'd like my daughter to imitate. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do anything right until I'm walking with God as I should be...focusing on Him, not me...relying on Him, not myself...serving Him, not myself. So maybe my problem is myself? Please pray that I will make Christ my all in all. That I will serve Him in all things with thoughts and attitudes that are glorifying to Him.

Maria said...

I would have to go with submission. I struggle with most authority. I like to control and be in the right. I don't like to be corrected, yet I require a lot of correction. I feel like I eventually come to the point of submission, but fight all the way there. I need to let go of my own will and humble myself to Christ daily.

Karisa said...

Slightly off-topic but worth it:

Here's the link to Carolyn Mahaney's blog. Kirsten passed it along to us, because it's currently focusing on the Proverbs 31 woman.

http://girltalk.blogs.com/