TAKE HOME
Of the seven virtues listed in Titus 2--loving our husbands and children, self-control, purity, working at home, kindness, and submission--which one do you think your husband would most like you to grow in over the course of this study? Why?
Homework assignment: Ask your husband and return next week to share the answer.
(Actually, go ask him now and tell us...I'm not going to remember to post the question again next week...I just know it.)
In what season of life do you find yourself (younger woman, older woman, mom of teenager, teenage daughter, single adult, etc.)? How can you fulfill the "mentoring mandate"?
2 comments:
I think I self-control and submission. Matthew thinks the same. I am in the season of younger woman with young children. Mentoring..I now there are some book "application" studies I should be conducting through my home church. I have had a number of play dates, which is fellowship but no constructive mentoring. I guess I'm not exactly sure how to fulfill the "mentoring mandate" or how to find a mentor that is suitable according to Titus 2.
I really had no idea what Matt was going to say. And after respectfully hounding him for a few days ;) I finally have my answer. He could have chosen just about any of them and not surprised me, because I see a need for growth in all these virtues. However, when he selected purity, I asked that he be more specific (I felt the need to understand what fruit he'd like to see blossoming). So he explained that purity would involve what we watch on TV, my motives, and my thoughts/words regarding others.
As a younger woman, I feel I should be fulfilling both ends of the mentoring mandate. I definitely could benefit from being taught by a wiser, more mature Christian woman. However, I know there are women younger than I who could benefit from what I've learned so far. When I see high school students and college students and newlyweds, I very vividly remember my experiences and what God has taught me through them. While I'm feeling the need to be involved on both ends, I really don't have anyone in mind on either end...so I guess it's a matter of prayer.
Post a Comment