GOALS OF DISCUSSION
We want to
1) discern how we may have been influenced by feminist ideology;
2) understand the scope of our Titus 2 mandate to be "workers at home"; and
3) develop a heart to build our home for the glory of God.
SINCE LAST TIME
We're not interested in the details, but did you read the Song of Solomon and pursue application with your husband? (A simple yes or no will suffice.)
FUN STUFF
We all know that "homemaking is a vocation often filled with mundane tasks and repetitive chores, most of which are performed in obscurity." Which homemaking task is your least favorite? Which task do you enjoy the most?
5 comments:
Nope, haven't read the Song of Solomon yet, but it's on the radar. :)
My least favorite task is anything having to do with sorting or filing...particularly papers, but really anything that I don't know what to do with. I hate having to make decisions about whether or not to keep something, and where to put it so I'll know where to find it someday...there is just so much stuff that doesn't fit into a category (a file folder, a certain group of items in a drawer or on a shelf, etc.). It's particularly difficult when the stuff belongs to my husband, because often I get asked "Where's my ____?" even weeks or months after I finally put it somewhere to get it out of the way. Then the trick is to remember where the logical place at the time was! This is why there is so much clutter in my house on a regular basis. Oh, to have the mind of an organized person - a place for everything, and everything in its place! :)
I think my favorite task is cleaning the bathroom - it always looks so nice and sparkly afterwards! (And it doesn't get messed up as quickly as most of the other stuff I do.)
(By the way, I've finally caught up and I'm hoping to continue to participate in this book study again...sorry for the strange disappearance and then re-entrance!)
Welcome back, Melonie! We're happy to have you. :)
Yes, we read it together...but I can't say I've PURSUED a re-enactment. ;)
My LEAST favorite tasks are the large-scale things like dusting and floors. My MOST favorite tasks involve putting dirty things into a machine and pulling them out clean (like laundry and dishes). The bathroom falls somewhere in the middle. I really enjoy making dinner, it just becomes unpleasant when I'm trying to make dinner AND _____. For the most part, I'm glad that my job is my job. I'd rather be a wife and mom than anything else in the world!
Yes I read and pursued some aspects of it, but from Mark's Driscoll's sermons rather than my own interpretations.
My least favorite task is the gray area of an infant. I'm dealing with this currently. I enjoy being in the kitchen the most and organizing.
We did not actually read Song of Solomon, but we, too, are going through Mark Driscoll's sermons, and it's been REALLY good. I'll leave it at that....
I am THE worst housekeeper in the world. So I guess my favorite thing to do is laundry cuz it's kind of a no-brainer. My least fave BY FAR are the dishes. I can't stand the smells and feel and...well, you get the picture!
I'm with you on the dishes! I don't mind the dishwasher dishes, but when I have to wash in the sink--LOOK OUT! Rubber gloves are a must as touching a "floatie" leads to much squealing and gnashing of teeth. ;)
Post a Comment