Sunday, November 30, 2008

GRACE REMINDER

In what situation(s) are you currently struggling with submission? Let's take a moment to repent where needed and ask the God who transformed Sarah's heart to enable us to trust Him to enable our husbands to lead us.

Let's also pray for women who have unbelieving husbands that God would allow them to be an example of submission and that He would reveal Himself to their husbands.

KARISA'S REMINDER

At the end of our discussion of Chapter 7 (Kindness), I asked for your opinions regarding our future. Please hop down there for a moment and let your voice be heard. (I'm honestly not refusing to make the decision...I just want to be able to make an INFORMED decision!)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Currently I'm struggling submitting the decisions of our home status to Matthew. I often am concerned his decisions are influenced by others. I need to pray about this. I think in general I need to repent in my lack of submission when my family is involved.

Karisa said...

Matt can't think of anything. I don't see myself failing to submit a whole lot, but it's HARD for me to submit in situations like I mentioned earlier...I want to take a meal to someone or invite poor dorm dwellers over for dinner, because it seems like an easy way for me to bless someone...but Matt says no. Not necessarily because he's that much of a miser, but because he just really doesn't see the need to do stuff like that. My temptation is to whine and beg and nag and berate...but I've really been holding my tongue and looking for opportunities to discuss it not in the moment and praying that we would be of one mind in the opportunities God wants us to pursue.

Time is running out to post your opinion about our next book! I will announce it at the end of this next chapter so we can get them ordered so we're ready to hit the ground running in the new year.