TAKE HOME
If submission includes helping our husbands to lead, what is one way you can use your gifts to assist your husband this week?
This is our final homework assignment. Ask your husband to give you a "grade" in respect. Invite him to share WHY he gave you the grade that he did. Seek his forgiveness if necessary. Then communicate to him at least one quality you respect about him.
2 comments:
This first thing that comes to mind is prayer. I have been working on this. In submission, it does give Matthew the sole responsibility to make the best decision and I can tell he makes decisions more carefully.
Matthew graded me as B+. He said there is always room for improvement. He couldn't recall an incident..which I would have preferred so I can learn in a more practical way. Although I think it is most beneficial to so some soul-searching to check the sin of disrespect in my heart. I did communicate how I respect him.
Shoot! I should have asked him that, too, while I was asking the respect question. My gifts? Ummm, maybe I could speak encouraging words to him and help him organize something? ;) If we were talking about using my weaknesses, I could pray for him and be a better listener. Even just focusing on being his helper throughout the week would open my eyes to opportunities.
Matt gave me a B+ in respect, which I thought was funny because I had read Maria's post but hadn't told Matt her grade. He couldn't think of a specific example of "needs improvement", but he did comment that he has seen a lot of positive change in this area since we began this study. So I found that really encouraging.
Post a Comment