Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WHAT'CHA THINK?


Was it surprising to you that Scripture has so much to say about sex? Which of the verses and principles listed (pp. 82-84) was new to you?
  1. God's idea...Genesis 2:21-25
  2. Fashioned for marriage...1 Corinthians 7:1-9
  3. Intended for pleasure...Song of Solomon 5:4
  4. Designed for intimacy...Genesis 2:24, Genesis 4:1
  5. Created for procreation...Genesis 1:27-28

Why is setting our minds on things above the first and most important step in fighting the sin of lust?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sex is for procreation? That's new to me....just kidding. I have never read the Song of Solomon. So all of that is very new to me. Who knew the Bible had so much to say about sex?! Wowzers....

If I'm focusing upward on God, then I won't put myself in the situation to lust. I've never thought much about this before, but she's right - we all have the ability given the right situation.

Maria said...

It was to a surprising to a point. I new some of the content, but not the depth. I have been following Mark Driscoll's Peasant Princess series and I've learned a lot! He touches base on all the principles but I think I've learned the most about pleasure and intimacy.

If I set my mind to the things that are true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent and praise worthy, then there isn't room for lust to creep in. I'm learning to claim this verse when my thoughts aren't of things about in every area of life. It has really helped me refocus on Christ!

Karisa said...

I wasn't really surprised. The concepts newest to me were intended for pleasure (not kew, but more comprehensive) and designed for intimacy. If my mind was focused on God, it would be too occupied to be tempted to lust!